Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Kids need chiropractic too! From infancy to adulthood, as different developmental milestones are reached, the spine must adapt to changes taking place. Chiropractic care for the pediatric patient is very gentle. For an infant, this means only the light touch of 4-6 ounces. This helps to optimize spinal alignment and reduce stress on the developing nervous system. Every child should have a spinal checkup and should be rechecked as each new developmental milestone is reached.
Why Infants & Kids Need Chiropractic...
- if there is intrauterine constraint during pregnancy, forces acting on the developing baby may alter spinal alignment
- birth itself is a traumatic experience not only for the mother but also for the baby, where the baby must twist and rotate in a confined space and there is potential for injury especially to the head and neck
- during development, different milestones are met (such as sitting upright, crawling, standing, walking etc) and during this time the body must adapt to different stressed placed on it due to gravity
- infantile colic has a variety of causes and may also be related to muscle or joint discomfort from birth trauma
- kids get all kinds of bumps and bruises, falls and injuries from sports and other activities
- there are often mechanical causes or contributors to ear pain & hearing problems (learn more about eustachian tube dysfunction and ear infections)
- adolescents should be screened for scoliosis
- backpack use is often responsible for back pain in adolescents
- prolonged sitting from studying and computer use causes postural strain
- the nervous system continues to develop from infancy throughout adulthood and chiropractic care helps to balance the nervous system
Causes of Stress
Stress results from physical, chemical and psychological factors. To achieve optimal wellness, it is best to consider the whole picture.
So, if you are looking for a pediatric chiropractor in Aurora, Ontario, Dr. Miron would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.